Today in class:
- Today in class we begun class with the cell division quiz.
- Then, we set-up the osmosis/egg lab and performed the day one procedures. To set-up the lab, you created a data table with space to record information about all of the variables in our lab. Each day, you will take the egg and record the date, liquid used, circumference, mass, and observations. Today, after taking down observations and measurements, you soaked the egg in vinegar.
- We then discussed how to comment on a blog post. Comments should be meaningful and appropriate. Eighth graders and Mrs. McEwen have been busy reading your macroinvertebrates blog posts, so respond to any comments that they have left you.
Our egg lab is demosntrating the effects of osmosis. To review diffusion and osmosis watch this screencast:
HW for next class:
- Read pages 82-85 in plants textbook
- Vocab T-notes: rhizoid, rhizome
- Blog comment (see above) due by 4/11
- Work on study questions (Though these are not "due" for a grade, you MUST work on them to prepare for classwork and labs and our test on April14. I suggest working on the diffusion study questions tonight.